What does the Government statement about ‘Levelling up by 2030’ really mean to me……?
It’s quite simply tomorrow’s chip paper – looks transformative, new innovative thinking, ha, and I want to believe it could work yet its a political mind game of snakes and ladders!
We, the royal we!, are now delighted to give you hope, fairness and equality on a human level, as they are the ‘values’ you pay taxes to us to uphold and deliver.
In my part of the country:
- Public transport that costs me £5 per day to travel over two hours to get three miles across my city.
- I often get to see the beautiful Yorkshire Dales from my train window for hours, when the single train track east to west is closed, no alternative other than a replacement bus (once you get onto it) which takes in the views from the UK’s biggest county.
- Rent of £800pm for a room in a shared house.
- Fair job opportunities, provided they’re in minimum wage hospitality as we’re a tourist city.
- The promise of new government roles being gifted to my city via empty promises, never actioned.
I’m stopping at five points, as the chip paper size needed to wrap mushy peas is all I can afford, after deciding eating was more important than being warm and also, the chippy was in walking distance so I’m truly grateful for this ‘personal choice’ I’m blessed with.
So, the game of snakes and ladders is about hope, I might grow, gain momentum, think if only, have the power to change my destiny on the toss of a dice OR someone comes along and tells you that you ought to be grateful to play, and then be shown the game of greed, MONOPOLY, where the real players are…..
One day, I might be able to attend the fair party……….. 🤫🤫
Join us: We see the the hub as the start of a movement of people, all united in the belief that elevating our voices will challenge stereotypes and help decision makers end homeless health inequalities. Join us by signing up to our mailing list – the Listen Up! mail out.